[OTR-users] Dropped large messages with Pidgin 2.5.5, OTR plugin, and Yahoo

Doug Breaux breaux at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 18 18:02:30 EDT 2009

I'm not sure when this started, but I did recently upgrade my Pidgin to 2.5.5 and I know that now if I send large messages encrypted with OTR over Yahoo (problem seemed to not occur over GTalk), they are dropped silently.

I used to at least see a string of error messages when this kind of defect existed, but now neither I nor the recipient receive any indication at all.  (Me that there was a problem or him that any message was sent.)

Doug