[OTR-users] encrypted file transfer

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Jun 28 18:13:38 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 03:19:30PM -0500, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> Yes, do you agree, disagree? Feel free to comment on what I said, give
> it a +1 or a -1 and choose which is your preferred method of encrypted
> file transfers.

Until file-transfer is built in to OTR (coming soon?), I'd think using
gpg -c (conventional / symmetric key crypto) to encrypt the file using
a key fetched from /dev/[u]random, sending the encrypted file (however
you want), and sending (the key and the SHA256 checksum of the encrypted
file) over OTR looks like the best thing to me.