[OTR-users] Otr for blackberry

Mansour Moufid mansourmoufid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:04:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Ian Goldberg<ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> We're working on a Java version of libotr, not a Java version of
> libpurple.  We should have something online pretty soon, actually.

This discussion got me thinking about other platforms.

Once libotr is ported to Java, it should be possible to come up with
an Android front-end for it. *Text messages* could be sent using OTR,
transparently to the user. Perhaps key generation could be done
automatically in the background at first start-up, and the interface
for adding/transferring contacts would take care of authentication. Of
course, this means the sender would no longer have plausible
deniability, but it would still protect both parties in case of a
stolen or lost phone, with confidentiality and forward secrecy.

--
Mansour Moufid
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x95BBC25F