[OTR-users] otrproxy port-locked

Tree junk at chassit.com
Thu Jan 29 14:18:42 EST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Brian Morrison wrote:

> Tree wrote:
>> Hi. I'm trying to run otrproxy on a network that blocks port 5190. AIM
>> actually works on just about any port, so I'm trying to get rid of the
>> port-checking code in otrproxy.
>>
>> I have been trying to build otrproxy under cygwin, but I keep running into
>> errors. :(
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> stunnel?

I assume you mean in order to forward port 5190 to somewhere else? That
*would* probably work, technically. I'm sure there are other options out
there to forward the port... but that seems clunky. Two programs is
enough. (I won't be the only one using this)

What I'd really like is a working build environment for the otrproxy
source. I think most of my errors are coming from the wxWidgets code...
compiling that library is a *real* pain. I only managed to get 2.8.9
compiled. If someone has a working binary package, or set of configure
commands that make *that* work, that might help.

I can't get the package to build on debian etch, either... albeit with a
completely different set of errors, but still related to wxWidgets.

I've attached my compiler output, if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
-Tree