[OTR-users] 3 OTR Symbols in Pidgin

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Aug 20 08:41:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:40:57AM +0200, Markus Stadler wrote:
> Hello :)
>
>  A little question. Why do I have OTR three
>  times in the menu of the conversation window?
>
>  [ Unterhaltung | Optionen | Senden an | OTR | OTR-Icon | OTR-Icon ]
>
>  I would only need one OTR-Icon.

That happens when you have more than one conversation active in the same
tab.  pidgin allows conversations with multiple people/accounts in the
same "contact" to all appear in the same conversation tab.  The problem
is that each conversation may have a different OTR status; one could be
Private, another Unverified, and another Not Private, for example.  The
multiple icons visually clue you that something mixed is going on, and
that you should be a bit careful.  There are also inline indications to
tell you which incoming messages came in in which status.