[OTR-users] Problem finding libotr

Michael Goerz michaelgoerz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 07:50:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have some trouble installing the OTR plugin on linux. Before trying
to compile
pidgin-otr-3.2.0 from source, I manually installed (from source)
libotr-3.2.0 with its prerequisites libgcrypt-1.2.4 and
libgpg-error-1.6, all with '--prefix=$HOME' (I don't have root access
on the machine I'm installing this).

Now, when I do ./configure for pidgin-otr-3.2.0, it ends with the
following messages:

[...]
checking for libotr CFLAGS...
checking for libotr LIBS...  -lotr
checking for libotr headers version 3.x >= 3.2.0... not present.
checking for otrl_message_receiving in -lotr... yes
configure: error: libotr 3.2.0 or newer is required

How can I convince configure to find the libotr library in my home folder?

Thanks,
Michael Goerz