[OTR-users] OTR for Pidgin by default

Hajo E. regardful at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:38:53 EDT 2008

Because i would love to see OTR support integrated into Pidgin by
default, i asked the Pidgin devs about why this has not been done:

Q: I asked a couple of days ago if OTR could be integrated into Pidgin
by default
(like it is done in Adium) and i got a 'no' because there were bugs to
be solved. what bugs are there?

A: <khc> I don't think it's any particular bugs, but just that we
didn't write the code and we
don't feel like supporting code that we didn't write
<khc> if OTR people came to us and interact with us directly, we may
change our mind

Now I write to you because i think it is in your interest that as many
people as possible use OTR (and the number of people *will* increase
if OTR is only a click away).
Can I stir you into action in order to realize my idea?

-- Hajo