[otr-users] Pidgin plugin sends and parses HTML

Jonathan Schleifer js-otrim at webkeks.org
Sun May 11 12:04:06 EDT 2008

Rüdiger Kuhlmann <l-otr.0705+23jv-l at ruediger-kuhlmann.de> wrote:

> As such, the place
> for text/plain is supposed to contain encryped text/plain, while
> the place for text/html is supposed to contain encrypted text/html.

That's exactly what I thought would be the right way to do it, thanks.
The problem is that Pidgin puts the HTML inside the XMPP *body*, which
is wrong, wrong and once again very wrong! It should put plaintext
there! It *may* use XHTML in the namespace reserved for it, but even if
it does so, it MUST also send a plain text variant, otherwise it
violates the RFC and the XHTML XEP!
Please fix that!

--
Jonathan