[OTR-users] Pidgin plugin sends and parses HTML

Jonathan Schleifer js-otrim at webkeks.org
Sun May 11 11:25:42 EDT 2008

I just talked for the first time with a pidgin user using Gajim's new
OTR implementation and I noticed that it seems that Pidgin encrypts the
HTML, not the Text. Is this intended? Miranda seems to does it like
Gajim, while Trillian also sends HTML. So it's 2 vs. 2.
What would be the correct approach? Should I change it in Gajim so it
tries to strip all HTML tags and decode the entities + encode outgoing
messages? I also noticed that libotr returns HTML error messages, which
we think is bad, they are not translatable and we have to strip HTML
from them.

--
Jonathan