[OTR-users] "Automatically initiate private messaging" doesn't work

Alexander Buchner alexander.buchner at gmx.de
Fri May 2 08:42:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm new to the mailing list and I don't know if/how I can reply to an existing
thread.
My problem looks like the same problem that was posted here
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2008-April/001273.html. Today I
exchanged 20 or so messages with a friend before I noticed, that no private
conversation was initiated. By manually starting the OTR-session, this works
fine, but not automatically.
In my global OTR Settings [X] Automatically initiate private messaging is
activated and with this friend I use the standard options.
I know that I can activate "Require private messaging" per buddy, but this is
quite annoying if one has to do this for 15-20 people. I can't globally set this
option, because there are people on my ContactList, who can't encrypt with OTR.
Is this a known bug? What could go wrong?

My system:
Windows XP SP 3, Pidgin 2.4.1, OTR 3.1.0

My friend's system
Windows XP SP 2, Pidgin 2.4.1, OTR 3.1.0

Alexander

--
Mein öffentlicher PGP-Key:
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~abuchner/pgp.asc