[OTR-users] about how the otr works (what if password get stolen)

Tatu Portin tatuportin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:35:58 EDT 2008

So, I would like to get a bit clarification... Now I think that OTR
works by encryping the current conversation, so that other's can't
see... what if someone uses the same computer, having pass and login for
the im account? But I guess it prevent such happening, if he steal your
username and pass, and try use by his own computer.. because if he
hasn't stolen the private key, he can't indentify as the original
person. So if someone takes your private key, username, and password,
and logins to your im account from different computer, he can show up as
you, for the OTR of the person he wants talk to?