[OTR-users] Transfer otr-settings to another computer

Alexander Buchner alexander.buchner at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 02:20:46 EDT 2008

atlanx at gmx.de wrote:
> Is it possible to copy all otr-settings(private-key, authorized friend-keys, and so on) to another pc?
>
> I would like to use the same settings which I'm using in pidgin-otr on my windows pc on my linux(ubuntu) pc.
>
> What I have to do to transfer my key and all necesary settings?
>
> Thank you. Markus.

Yes, it is.
You only have to copy the files "otr.fingerprints" and "otr.private_key"
from the directory %USERPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\.purple (as I think you
are German I left the German "Anwendungsdaten", in English it should be
"Application Data") to the .purple-directory on your Ubuntu machine. I
think this one is hidden in your home folder.

I did this myself, very easy.

Alex.

--
My public PGP-Key: