[OTR-users] Off the record package on the ubuntu server ?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 12:12:09 EST 2008

Hi!

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:42:01AM -0500, Esurnir wrote:
> I was wondering would it be possible to update the package (still at 3.0 at the
> time I speak) on the ubuntu package distribution ?

pidgin-otr 3.1.0 will be in the next Ubuntu release:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/pidgin-otr

AFAIK the release of Hardy is scheduled for April.

> I tried to compile the 3.1 but due to the fact that gtk is labeled as being
> version 2.0 it became a true nightmare, never succeeded into finaly compiling
> the pidgin-otr plugin (libotr went fine).

Hm, I compiled pidgin-otr on Ubuntu without problems. Are you sure that
you have all the dependencies installed (especially the required
development packages)? You can do that with

	sudo apt-get build-dep pidgin-otr

The only issue I encountered when compiling from source is that
pidgin-otr gets installed to /usr/local by default, while the Pidgin
binary provided by Ubuntu is installed in /usr. I solved that by adding
"--prefix=/usr" to the configure options for pidgin-otr.

Regards,
Thomas