[OTR-users] Miranda-OTR-Plugin and ICQ-OTR-Proxy?

Bastian Modauer metal_gandalf at web.de
Fri Mar 30 10:19:02 EDT 2007

hey @ all

i have two icq-accounts:

one is running with miranda + otr-plugin on my laptop.

the other is running on my pc with icq 5.1 + otr-proxy.

if i want to start a private connection with these both accounts,
i only get a failure-message.

if i now run the first account with icq 5.1 + otr-proxy too,
the private connections works fine.

icq + proxy <---> icq + proxy = works
miranda + plugin <---> miranda + plugin = works
icq + proxy <---> miranda + plugin = doesn't work

it seems like the otr-proxy for icq and the otr-plugin for miranda
aren't compatible?!

or am i just doing something wrong?

now i have to run miranda with the otr-proxy,
although there is a smart plugin for it?!?!?

i mean the otr-plugin for miranda is much easier to install and run
as the otr-proxy, where i have to set the proxy and let the otr-proxy-window
open (or minimized in the taskbar).

(miranda-plugin: http://addons.miranda-im.org/details.php?action=viewfile&id=2644
otr-proxy is from the cypherpunks-homepage)

it's really annoying...

i hope that somebody can help me or just give me the reason why it doesn't work :(