[OTR-users] Support for Finch or other CLI clients

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jun 16 21:42:44 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 01:07:59PM -0400, cannonfodder at hush.com wrote:
> Now that the first CLI IM client to support OTR, mICQ, is out, are
> there any plans to add support for Finch?  Maybe somebody with more
> C experience could look at mICQ's implementation and figure out how
> to get OTR to work with Finch.

It should actually be much easier to get OTR to work with Finch than
it sounds like it was to get it to work with mICQ, since Finch also uses
libpurple.  The pidgin-otr plugin already has a logic / UI separation
(this used to be important for Adium X; I don't know if it still is),
so "all" you should have to do is make a text-based interface to the
configuration, dialogs, etc.

> Are there any other CLI clients that support OTR (without using a
> proxy, which requires X) that may be out there already?

I don't know of any others.