[OTR-users] Help with Pidgin/MSN?

Monica Barratt tronica at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:52:34 EDT 2007

Hi OTR people

I upgraded to Pidgin 2.0.2 last week and have encountered a problem
adding an MSN buddy. I'm not sure whether it is me or the software!
This isn't really related to OTR, but haven't been able to locate a
Pidgin users list.

Anyway if someone is able to email me offlist with their MSN account,
for me to simply test - that would be most appreciated. At the moment
it tells me the screen name is invalid when I try to add someone with
a known msn account. Just not sure where the problem lies...

I have a number of people in my survey group who are keen to do
instant messaging interviews (this is when I'll be discussing
encryption and OTR with them). But can't get to that stage if I can't
add them to my list!

thanks!

monica