[OTR-users] pidgin otr?

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Jul 12 10:56:00 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 04:58:03PM -0400, E. M. Recio wrote:
> > I am running Fedora 7 x86_64. I have all the necessary libs, I applied

You should just run : yum install gaim-otr on Fedora 7.

The software is called gaim-otr, despite being for pidgin. It's part
of Fedora (there is no more 'extras' as of Fedora 7), no compiling
yourself is neccessary.

The confusion is a direct result of the OTR team not releasing any version
that is called "pidgin-otr", and I cannot go rename upstream software when
packaging it for Fedora. Fedora also does not have "virtual packages"
like debian, so I cannot make a "pidgin-otr" that installs "gaim-otr"
for you either.

I've asked for this for months :(

Paul