[OTR-users] [meta] Can we add this mailing list to Gmane?

Benjamin Esham bdesham at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 19:40:41 EDT 2007

Ian Goldberg wrote:

> I think I have no objection to adding it as a "read only" list, and
> you
> may as well do otr-users, otr-dev, and otr-announce all at the same
> time.  I'm unsure how I feel about posting via gmane, as the list is
> currently set up to allow posts only from subscribers.

I've gone ahead and added all three lists.  OTR-users and -dev are
"non-public", which means that only list subscribers can post through
Gmane.  OTR-announce is "read-only", so that no one can post to it
through Gmane.

Ian: once the groups are added, it would be best to send Gmane the
list archives, so that they can add all of the list's previous
messages.  The process is described at http://gmane.org/import.php;
I'd do it myself, but only list administrators can access the
requisite files.

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham