[OTR-users] Long Yahoo! IMs cause problem w/ Gaim/OTR?

Mark G. Spencer spencerforhire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:32:49 EST 2007

Hi Ian,

Do you know what the IM character limit for OTR is?  Or is the problem
actually with the Gaim plugin not OTR itself?  I'm wondering if we use
Adium X instead if we can avoid the infinite loop of errors that
happens when an IM that is too long is sent.  Lately it has been
happening a lot where my coworkers will copy and paste something into
their Gaim (OTR and Yahoo!) and we end up having to close Gaim on both
sides of the conversation.