[OTR-users] Long Yahoo! IMs cause problem w/ Gaim/OTR?

Mark G. Spencer spencerforhire at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:27:06 EST 2007

I've been testing the OTR plugin for Gaim and have noticed that
sending long Yahoo! IMs causes a problem with OTR.  I get a flurry of
errors and retransmissions - I think the last time I sent a long IM it
seemed like I was in an infinite loop of errors and retransmissions,
so I killed the Gaim process.

On a somewhat related note - I really like the OTR philosophy and was
wondering if anyone was working on extending OTR to the
chatroom/conference functionality of the IM clients and networks?
Basically, to replicate a "private" conversation amongst a number of
people in a secure room.  (At least private in the sense that all the
participants can feel comfortable their chat is secure in-transit,
they have repudiation, etc.)

Thanks!