[OTR-users] some questions

Nathan J. Williams nathanw at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 2 17:07:42 EST 2007

Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> writes:

> I guess you missed the "strict in what you emit" part.

I have no complaints with being strict in what I emit, but like many
golden rules, it doesn't help when other people aren't playing by
it. It does me little good to be strict in what *I* emit when I must
parse what others emit.

The only feedback that the authors of other clients are going to have
is complaints from their users; if I generously make my client work
with theirs, outside of spec, then there is no force acting on them to
make them conform. Only rejecting their messages and causing pain for
their users will do that.

        - Nathan