[OTR-users] Gaim OTR is only for' geeks', to complicated for regular users, suggestion.....

Alex alex323 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:28:32 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:19:13 +0100
readytogo2 <readytogo2 at freenet.de> wrote:

> I tryed to convince some of my friends to use gaim + otr + jabber
> (the only and best solution to chat encrypted right now because I
> don`t want to convince someone to use proprietary aim). Right now
> it`s very hard to establish private conversations. You need lots of
> stuff to set up. Gaim is not the most easy clients for end costumers.

It should be no harder than loading a plugin. It's really simple. :|

> If you really want many usrs to use encrypted messages we need
> something really easy. Setting up proxy or using other clients is not
> really a way to solve this.

Setting up a proxy is not the way to solve it? Secway's product uses a
proxy itself! It's no different than OTR (except OTR is real security
unlike just plain encryption that Secway offers). See:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3622/aimproxydk9.png

--
Alex