[OTR-users] Gaim 2b6 and OTR Breakage **MY FIX**

ChazeFroy chazefroy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 06:18:50 EST 2007

If I simply upgraded Gaim and OTR, the button showed up, but it would
not initiate an OTR session with another user.  Gaim would pop up a
Window saying that my AIM account was invalid.

It works if I remove some old files from my ~/.gaim in Windows.  I
removed all of the XML files and it worked (I didn't do them
one-by-one to determine which was at fault, sorry).

Even though I already had a private key generated, OTR generated a new
key for me for AIM and is now using the new key.  This is the first
time I have seen this.  I had been using the same key for the past 12+
months.