[OTR-users] Gaim 2b6 and OTR Breakage **MY FIX**

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Feb 10 18:42:28 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 04:05:00PM -0500, Torrey McMahon wrote:
> Scott wrote:
> >Which button?
> >
> >I see the button in the chat window on the left and in the plugins
> >preferences here.
>
> On windows the otr plugin with 2b6 doesn't show the button. It could be
> that a simple recompile is needed for any/all platforms....or a
> patch......or both.

A recompile might be enough?  Well, I recompiled the Windows version
against gaim2b6.  Get the replacement gaim-otr.dll here:

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/gaim-2b6-otr.zip

In that zip file, you'll find just gaim-otr.dll.  Copy it over the
version that you installed with the 2b5 installer:

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/gaim2b5-otr-3.0.1.exe

(If you haven't yet installed the gaim-otr plugin for gaim 2b5 from the
above installer, do that first.)

Please report back as to whether the OTR button has reappeared with
gaim2b6 using this new version of the dll.

Thanks!