[OTR-users] Make fails on otrproxy-0.3.1

Justin Polazzo jmp at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 11 19:02:34 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Goldberg" <ian at cypherpunks.ca>
<snip>
It looks like you don't have the libwxgtk2.6-dev package (or whatever
the equivalent is for your platform) installed.  But that's weird, since
I was pretty sure otrproxy's configure would complain if you didn't have
it.
----------------------------

If it helps for debugging purposes, here is my ./configure as root on Ubuntu 7.10:

root at bob:/home/bob/otrproxy-0.3.1# ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for libgcrypt-config... /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config
checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.2.0... yes
checking LIBGCRYPT API version... okay
checking for libotr CFLAGS...
checking for libotr LIBS...  -lotr
checking for libotr headers version 3.x >= 3.0.0... found.
checking for otrl_message_receiving in -lotr... yes
checking for wx-config... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating wxui/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
root at bob:/home/bob/otrproxy-0.3.1#

And you are right: I was missing the plugin:

root at bob:/home/bob/otrproxy-0.3.1# aptitude search libwxgtk2.6-de
p   libwxgtk2.6-dev                 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (

Thanks for the help man!

-jmp