[OTR-users] Problem with otr 3.0.0 and gaim 2 beta 6 (Installed but not showing in plugins list)

Matt Joyce mttjocy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:46:54 EDT 2007

Ok well that was already in the file but I ran ldconfig -v all the
same and things did progress a bit further, now the gaim -d shows the
following about gaim-otr.so

plugins: probing /usr/gaim/lib/gaim/gaim-otr.so
plugins: /usr/gaim/lib/gaim/gaim-otr.so is not loadable: undefined
symbol: otrl_privkey_generate_FILEp

OTR now shows up in the plugins list it is greyed out though and
trying to click to enable it does nothing, the following text is shown
in read if I click Plugin Details:

Error: undefined symbol: otr_privkey_generate_FILEp
Check the plugin website for an update

But im now using the CVS version, which someone here assured me was
working, I don't get why it isn't.