[OTR-users] Typo in protocal description

John Lenz lenz at cs.wisc.edu
Mon May 8 01:49:28 EDT 2006

(I sent this before subscribing to the list, so it got caught for
moderation.  I am now resending it after subscribing)

Hey, I was reading the protocal description on
http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/Protocol-v2-3.0.0.html and I noticed in the
section "Exchanging Data" near the top, Bob's third step says

Uses ek and ctr to decrypt AES-CTRek,ctr(TA).

I think it should read

Uses ek and ctr to decrypt AES-CTRek,ctr(msg)

Since that is what Alice encrypted to bob.  In any case, thanks for
creating a great encryption plugin for gaim!

John