[OTR-users] Gaim plugin and archiving

Didier Frick didier at dfr.ch
Sun May 7 11:07:50 EDT 2006

Le samedi 06 mai 2006 à 19:28 +0200, Paul Wouters a écrit :

> People want want to keep logging, especially if they are using disk encryption
> for their homedir (eg FileVault or something else). So please don't change
> logging without telling the user. eg Make it an explicit option in the OTR
> menu or something?

I don't think disk encryption preserves forward secrecy, and the issue
becomes the one I outlined in my last message: even if _you_ do it
correctly, how can you be sure that your correspondents "get it" and do
it correctly as well....

So I still contend that the only way to preserve forward secrecy without
too many gaping holes that you can't control is to never log any OTR
conversation in any way.