[OTR-users] Cannot get a private conversation going

John G. Ata John at TheAtas.org
Fri Jun 16 23:22:26 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've installed Gaim 2 beta 3 and the OTR 3.0.0 plugin on Windows XP.  Everything
seems to be working fine except I cannot start a private conversation.  I've tried
this with multiple Jabber servers and AIM and the results are all the same.  I can
generate the private key just fine.  But when I try and start a private conversation,
I get:

Attempting to start a private conversation with <name>

in the chat window.  Then nothing happens.  I can coninute sending messages in the
clear with no problem.  I have tried this with conversations to myself and with
others... same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
John