[OTR-users] Gaim 2, beta 2

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Thu Jan 26 12:35:20 EST 2006

#gaim on irc.freenode.net would be a good place to pop in and ask a dev.
just bear in mind that they are jerks. ;)

On 1/26/06, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:30:03AM +0000, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
> > I'm currently testing OTR plugin for Gaim 2 beta 2, and am pleased to
> > report that I can see the OTR button on message windows.  It will be a
> > while before it's fully tested on my system.
> >
> > A note:  I think it might be time to consider moving the OTR
> > notification button (or changing it entirely).  Because of the new UI,
> > the OTR button makes the message window too wide.  Perhaps it would be
> > more useful to have a text based notification on the menu bar or
> > something like that?
>
> Yes, I've been told gaim 2 allows plugins to add things to the menu bar,
> but I haven't checked it out myself.  If so, that's certainly a
> possibility.
>
>    - Ian

"..any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it
requires--
a wiretap requires a court order. ..Constitutional guarantees are in place
when it comes
to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the
Constitution."

George W. Bush, 2004 April 20

"..the NSA has been monitoring phone calls and e-mails in which one party to
the
conversation was inside the United States. The warrantless wiretaps
allegedly fly in
the face of standing federal surveillance law."