[OTR-users] Trouble installing on Ubuntu

Café Vincent cafevincent at europe.com
Thu Jan 5 14:19:59 EST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to install OTR to my GAIM running on Ubuntu 5.10. I'm following the help file entitled "Setting up OTR on Debian testing/unstable" (I forgot the link to it I just have it as html). Well anyway, I'm having trouble with the first part as I get an error message:

sudo dpkg -i libotr-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm
dpkg-deb: `libotr-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm' is not a debian format archive
dpkg: error processing libotr-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm (--install):
subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
libotr-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm

I suppose I have the wrong package but they all are in rpm format! I have no idea what fedora code 3/4 etc are so I must be doing something wrong there, any help would be greatly appreciated! Please help me.

:Vincent