[OTR-users] OTR proxy or OTR plugin with Miranda IM

Cindy Salwen cas0 at optonline.net
Sat Feb 18 13:00:12 EST 2006

I'm trying to use the plugin and getting nowhere.  If I set it on manual and the
click Start OTR nothing happens.  The person I'm talking to never receives any
message.  If the person using GAIM tries starting OTR I get "?OTR?v2?
nialo6 has requested an Off-the-Record private conversation.  However, you do
not have a plugin to support that.
See http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/ for more information."

If I set to opportunistic the same thing happens when they try to send me a
message.  On Always, I get messages saying "OTR policy violation. You attempted
to send an unencrypted message." and then it tells me the person is offline,
when they are still on line.

Am I missing something?  I haven't seen any key exchange and the "new private
key" button under Options->Plugins->OTR is always grayed out.

Cindy