[OTR-users] OTR proxy or OTR plugin with Miranda IM

Scott Ellis mail at scottellis.com.au
Wed Feb 8 16:47:24 EST 2006

The charset used in OSCAR-based protocols is often user-configurable in
Miranda, I beleive - I'll check on it. In general though there are a lot of
configuration options accross all protocols that could affect encoding - I
think even the Yahoo proto has an option to do with utf-8 encoding. These
kinds of options don't usually have an API to allow the otr plugin access,
and I also don't think that's considered a polite thing for a plugin to do.

I'll mess around today and see if I can find a method that will handle the
general case.

Scott