[OTR-users] regenerating keys on reboot

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Dec 8 10:13:51 EST 2006

A friend of mine who uses the Gaim OTR plugin on a Windows machine seems
to have a problem with OTR generating new keys every time he reboots the
computer.  He's running OTR with Gaim 2.0 beta 5 on Windows XP
Professional, Service Pack 2.  When he opened a conversation with me
after rebooting (I'm the only person on his contact list using OTR at
this time), it popped up a "generating keys" dialog.

Any ideas why this is happening, and/or how to fix it?  It makes it
difficult to verify keys when the keys change every time he reboots.

Brian K. Reid: "In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."