[OTR-users] otr plugin doesn't show up

Faber faber_451 at elitemail.org
Sat Apr 1 22:57:29 EST 2006

I compiled and installed gaim, and then downloaded libotr and the otr
plugin, and compiled/installed them (both as root, iirc).  I started
gaim, and went to the preferences page -- otr hadn't shown up as a
plugin.  so, I ran gaim with the -d (debug) option, and got the
following lines as it loaded plugins:

plugins: probing /usr/local/lib/gaim/gaim-otr.so
plugins: /usr/local/lib/gaim/gaim-otr.so is unloadable: libotr.so.2:
plugins: probing /usr/local/lib/gaim/gaim-otr.la

Any ideas?

--Faber
--
  Faber