[OTR-users] gaim-otr and otrproxy beta 2

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Oct 27 14:29:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:06:53AM -0700, CLAY SHENTRUP wrote:
> some consistency issues here..
>
> if lighting up vs. greying out delineates verified vs. unverified for the
> "single person" state, then it should do the same for the "multiple people"
> state. if i'm not currently in a secure session with someone, but he's
> verified, his "multiple people" icon should be colored, but right now it's
> grey, whether the person is verified or not.

I think you've got a misapprehension.  Buddies can have zero or more
fingerprints, each of which can be verified or not.  If you're not
currently using OTR, there's no "verified" or "not verified"
[i.e. *fingerprints* are verified, not *buddies*].

You can't be in a verified private convesation and not be in a private
conversation at the same time.

> is there any amount of money i could donate to the project for you to make
> the icon set dynamic in the final release, so the user could configure it.
> i'm not rich or anything, but it just shows i'm willing to put my money
> where my mouth is.

It won't happen for this release for sure.  After that, we can talk.  :-)