[OTR-users] picture buttons

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Fri Oct 14 01:53:30 EDT 2005

i've totally thought the same thing. i was thinking about this just the
other day. it seems so trite, but it would just look so much better.
hopefully they'll add this. shouldn't be hard really.

one thing though. did they ever get that "bug" fixed where eve can make bob
think alice's message is coming from her?

On 10/14/05, James Mahler <james.mahler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just stumbled across gaim-otr plugin tonight because well the
> need for it just arose recently. I think it's a great idea and wish
> that I could get everyone to install the plugin so I could have more
> secure IMs.
>
> Anyways, my idea was just an aesthetic one. My conversation
> window has the buttons set to just pictures. However the OTR button
> is just text. I'd think OTR could tie in transparently with gaim (you
> wouldn't even know it was a plugin) if the button were say a lock that
> was open and a lock that was locked (to show private or not).
>
> I'm not on the mailing list or anything, just an idea to perhaps
> help the project out. Maybe there is someone good with gtk but not
> with security that wants to help out (I am horrible with gtk and never
> got the patience to learn it as I learned others first and am stuck in
> my ways :)).
>
> James Mahler

IN A FEBRUARY 2004 SPEECH AT GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, CIA
DIRECTOR TENET REVEALED THAT CIA "ANALYSTS NEVER SAID
THERE WAS AN IMMINENT THREAT" FROM IRAQ BEFORE THE WAR.

--http://bushlies.net/pages/10/index.htm