[OTR-users] picture buttons

James Mahler james.mahler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:35:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

    I just stumbled across gaim-otr plugin tonight because well the
need for it just arose recently.  I think it's a great idea and wish
that I could get everyone to install the plugin so I could have more
secure IMs.

    Anyways, my idea was just an aesthetic one.  My conversation
window has the buttons set to just pictures.  However the OTR button
is just text.  I'd think OTR could tie in transparently with gaim (you
wouldn't even know it was a plugin) if the button were say a lock that
was open and a lock that was locked (to show private or not).

    I'm not on the mailing list or anything, just an idea to perhaps
help the project out.  Maybe there is someone good with gtk but not
with security that wants to help out (I am horrible with gtk and never
got the patience to learn it as I learned others first and am stuck in
my ways :)).

James Mahler