[OTR-users] Re: [OT] Getting people to switch to Jabber (was: Newbie questions about verifying your buddies' fingerprints)

Benjamin Esham bdesham at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:53:03 EST 2005

[re-cc'ing to list]

On Nov 12, 2005, at 1:05 AM, CLAY SHENTRUP wrote:

> if you want to be really elite, get a jabber address and give up on
> the
> proprietary obsolete protocols. ;)

You're talking about AIM, right?  I try to use Jabber or Google Talk
whenever possible, but as of yet none of my friends have a clue what
either
of those is.

Some kind of grassroots campaign to get people to switch to Gaim and
Jabber
would be nice; the Firefox people seem to have been quite successful
with
Spread Firefox.  I seem to remember something on Ross Burton's blog
about a
Jabber advocacy site, but AFAIK nothing ever happened with that.

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
bdesham at gmail.com  |  http://bdesham.net  |  AIM: bdesham128