[OTR-users] key confusion

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Thu Nov 10 16:06:37 EST 2005

now i just had this problem where i already had a verified key fingerprint
for my friend, and otr popped up when i started a session with him, telling
me he was using an unrecognized fingerprint. so i looked in my known
fingerprints list, and it was already in there and added a second time.

when that session was over with, i "forgot" the new copy, and restarted
gaim. the fingerprint was in my list. i started a session with him again,
and it was added again, so again there were two copies of it. eventually i
just forgot the old copy and just settled on the new (identical) one.

i also kept getting this error like, "sent improperly formed encrypted
message" or something to that effect.

sounds like we got some bugs to work out.

thanks
clay

--
XEROX COLOR LASER PRINTERS PRINT A SERIES OF SECRET DOTS
ON EVERY PAGE THAT IDENTIFY THE TIME AND DATE YOU PRINTED A