[OTR-users] Re: [OTR-announce] New OTR software now online

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Nov 7 13:10:10 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> The new versions of libotr, gaim-otr, and otrproxy are now online, in
> source form, and as Windows installers.  The Fedora binaries are on
> their way.  Other package maintainters, start your engines.  ;-)

libotr and gaimotr packages have just been built on the Fedora Extra
build system and should find its way to the mirrors in the next 24 hours.

On Fedora Core 4, yum comes preconfigured with Fedora Extras. On Fedora Core
3, you need to add the Extras repository to yum:

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras $releasever - $basearch
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
gpgcheck=1

If you want to get them before they've hit the mirrors, use:

ftp://ftp.xelerance.com:/mirror/otr/binaries/fedora/

(note those rpms are signed by me, while the fedora extra rpms are signed
by the fedora key)

Paul