[OTR-users] gaim-otr plugin

Jason Cohen jcohen07 at brandeis.edu
Wed Mar 30 18:46:12 EST 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Jason Cohen wrote:
>

>>I also use Mandrake 10.1 so I should be able to help. After compiling
>>

>>You can also recompile the source rpm which is what I did. Your system
>>must be setup to rebuild rpms.
>>

>Can you tell me if there ia yne wrong path or option used in building
>the rpm from the pacakges SPEC file or 'fedora' source rpm? And if there
>is, can you provide a fixed version for me to compare, and a proper way
>of detecting a Mandrake system?
>
>Paul

I followed the instructions on this site to setup Mandrake to rebuild rpms:

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/RpmHowTo

In your home directory you'll need to create the necessary directory
structure:

mkdir -p ~/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS/i586,RPMS/noarch,SOURCES,SRPMS,SPECS,tmp}

Then create these two files in your home directory:

.rpmrc

buildarchtranslate: i386: i586
buildarchtranslate: i486: i586
buildarchtranslate: i586: i586
buildarchtranslate: i686: i586

.rpmmacros

%_topdir                YOUR_HOME_DIR/rpm
%_tmppath               YOUR_HOME_DIR/rpm/tmp

%_signature             gpg
%_gpg_name              Mandrakelinux
%_gpg_path              ~/.gnupg

%distribution           Mandrakelinux