[OTR-users] DH moduli & AES keysize

Jason Cohen jcohen07 at brandeis.edu
Tue Mar 29 16:09:56 EST 2005

The WPES 2004 paper states that under the current protocol a person can
send and receive up to 18 messages per second (36 messages total) on a
450 mhz Pentium IIII. Thus, it would seem that even on a slow machine
2048 bit DH moduli wouldn't add a great deal of latency. 450 mhz
machines are also on the low end of what is generally used for desktops.
Most PCs are 2-3 years old and 450 mhz processors are at least 4-5 if I
remember correctly.

Does anyone happen to have performance tests for 2048 or 3072 bit DH
moduli. Could I test this myself?

Jason