[OTR-users] Where are the OTR-Private and OTR-Not Private buttons stored?

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Mar 28 08:53:47 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 04:18:46AM -0500, Jason Cohen wrote:
> I would like to replace the default text "OTR-Private" and "OTR-Not
> Private" buttons with something that more clearly shows the status of
> the connection. Gaim-Encrypt's button shows a red lock icon for
> encrypted communications and a unlocked grey icon for unencrypted
> conversations (or a green unlocked icon if encryption is available but
> not used). I was thinking of replicating this for OTR but instead of
> using Tx;Secure and Rx:secure I would simply have the text say
> "OTR:Secure" and "OTR:Insecure". However, I can't seem to find the
> location of OTR's button? Anyone know where I can find it, or the name
> of the file so i can search for it?
>
> Here's a screenshot of what the gaim-encrypt icons look like:
> http://gaim-encryption.sourceforge.net/conversation.html

The button is constructed in gtk-dialog.c (dialog_update_label_conv).

The "icon" idea is actually on our todo list; I would personally prefer
something more akin to whispering vs. shouting than a lock (since OTR
provides private, not just encrypted, conversations), but I certainly
don't have the art-fu to draw those.  [But for the same reason, the text
should say "Private", not "Secure".]