[OTR-users] GAIM-OTR Protects Against AOL's Privacy Invasion

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Sat Mar 12 18:18:53 EST 2005

I just submitted this story to Linux today.

I think the time is right for a knowledgeable person (ie. more
knowledgeable than me) to write an article for Newsforge. It's not hard.
The process is pretty painless. Newsforge caters to a different audience
than Slashdot, so you would be reaching new people. NF has more bosses,
decision makers, professionals etc.

I work with OpenOffice.org documentation. I would gladly offer my services
as a reviewer.

Cheers,
Daniel.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 05:58:38PM -0500, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 01:01:39PM -0800, Nato Welch wrote:
> > http://n8o.r30.net/a2z/drupal/node/196
> >
> > A timely review. Thought you all might like to know.
>
> Indeed; there have been over 150 new IP addresses downloading OTR
> software from the main site since the AOL TOS news hit slashdot this
> morning.  We're up to 2048 right now.  [Plus downloads from the mirror
> site, plus the copies in the various distros, etc., of course.]
>
>    - Ian

Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org   |