[OTR-users] Suse howto done

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Jun 15 17:33:31 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:58:42PM +0100, Hamish wrote:
> Hi list
> Ive just managed to get gaim-otr running on my suse 9.3 box, Ive put the
> details on http://www.susewiki.org/index.php?title=Gaim-OTR - please feel
> free to change somthing if you have a better way!

I don't know suse at all, but rather than having the rpm install
gaim-otr.so in the Fedora place (/usr/lib/gaim), and then symlinking to
the suse place (/opt/gnome/lib, apparently), why not just change the
gaim-otr spec file to install it in the right place?  Changing the
options to configure should suffice.

Also, what's the "normal" way users install packages in suse (without
compiling them themselves)?  Any idea how one adds packages to that
repository?

Thanks,