[OTR-users] Opinions on proposed "unknown fingerprint" behaviour?

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Wed Jun 1 15:59:46 EDT 2005

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> Based on some comments here, how about this as a second strawman
> proposal:
>
> Instead of two modes (Private / Not private), there are now three:
>
> 1. Not private (red)
> 2. Unverified (yellow)
> 3. Private (green)
>
> [I'm not sure I like the actual choice of words here; suggestions are of
> course welcome.]

The wording as stated above is exactly what I have 'difficulties' with.
Also the proposed color layout does not make me 'happy'.

I am not a native English speaker but I would prefer it like this :

1. Not private
2. Private
3. Verified Private

The rationale is that Unverified does not give a 'safe' feeling while it
is an established secure OTR connection.

For the color layout I have 2 ideas :

Or :

1. Red
2. Light Green
3. Dark Green

Or (I don't know it this is possible but has my preference)

1. Red
2. Green
3. Green with an say Black symbol 'in' the green area like a check in a
   checkbox (like in http://registration-net.com/checkbox.gif)

The rationale is that Yellow does not give a 'safe' feeling while it is
an established secure OTR connection.

Aldert.