[OTR-users] otrproxy v0.1.1 OSX packaging issues

Michael Flanagan michael_flanagan at telus.net
Mon Jan 31 23:47:21 EST 2005

Greetings list,

I just downloaded otrproxy-0.1.1.dmg from one of the proxies. After
running the installer I attempted to launch the proxy from the
terminal:

Last login: Thu Jan 27 22:01:17 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
[myhost:~] michaelf% otrproxy
dyld: otrproxy can't open library:
/Users/nikitab/gpglibs/lib/libgcrypt.11.dylib  (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap
[myhost:~] michaelf% man otrproxy

To my eye it looks like there's a dependancy that wasn't included in
the package. It seems like the intention was to include all
dependancies in this package, but at the very least libgcrypt was
missed.

I read the README but the instructions for compiling didn't seem to
make sense as I was just trying to run the proxy that was included in
the package.

I suspect that I'm the first non-developer trying to run this on OSX
and no one else has tried this package. Or at least no one else has
reported any problems. I read the archives forward from the date which
v0.1.1 was released and didn't see any comments on this issue.

The only aspect of this that worked as expected is I did get a man page
with info.

Someone care to confirm/deny my suppositions?

Michael