[OTR-users] up2date does not work with otr repository yet

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jan 22 16:52:33 EST 2005

Hi,

Testing using libotr-1.0.4, I found out that even though yum works fine to see the
update and install it, up2date seems to be broken.

It seems that the problem is that up2date, even in the 'rawhide' version, still uses
the old style repository, which uses the headers directory instead of the newer style
repodata.

This is visible in a rather cryptic way if you click on the rhn-applet and look at
the critical tab. It will say something like

 	The applet has been unable to access the following information sources in its last attempts: otr @ http://www.xelerance.com/mirror/otr/binaries/fedora/3/x86_64/

This is because the headers directory is not found.

Running 'yum update' on such a fedora machine will work fine though.

I guess this is a buglet for RedHat to fix,

If anyone is using apt-rpm or apt-get on Fedora, I am interested to hear whether it works.

Paul
--

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton