[OTR-users] yum and up2date/RHN support added to repositories

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Jan 19 18:44:45 EST 2005

Hi otr users,

I have changed the layout of the binaries to make it easier to setup automatic
repositories for rpm based distributions.

Using YUM:
Add to /etc/yum.conf or /etc/yum.repos.d/otr.conf

[otr]
name=otr - Fedora OTR packages
baseurl=ftp://ftp.openswan.org/mirror/otr/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/  http://www.xelerance.com/mirror/otr/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
# get the key for paul at cypherpunks.ca from a key server (eg pgpkeys.mit.edu)
# or: finger paul at xelerance.com > otrkey ; rpm --import otrkey
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

up2date and RHN users:
Add a line to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources saying:

yum otr ftp://ftp.openswan.org/mirrors/otr/fedora/3/$ARCH/

The yum example has gpgchecks disabled, because yum/rpm will always fail on the
signature, even if the key is properly imported using rpm --import. This has
been reported in the past to RedHat. I am not sure why these keys do not work.
We have the same problem with openswan packages that we sign.

The repository should work for both Fedora Core 2 and 3. If people wish to see
another rpm distributions supported, let me know. I will add binaries for
Suse later today.

Paul